Monday, June 2, 2008

Work

Well I made it through my first week back at work. I had to work 4 days in a row..which is way too long. When I start at 0630 and don't end until 1915..that doesn't take into effect getting to work, getting ready as well as getting undressed and driving home. I get up at 0500 and try to get to sleep by 2100..so on the days I work all I do is work and sleep! It was great to see all my coworkers who I haven't seen since before vacation. Considering the job I have is nuts..it's nice to see that we are all ordinary people (with crazy sense of humors). It's been super slow at work which gives all of us working Patrol a chance to be practive. We turned into school PD and arrested a bunch of truants! Lets see I made two boys cry..man enough to ditch school but not man enough to not cry???

I haden't been on patrol since my surgery so it was weird being out in the sun and seeing how bogus 90% of our calls are! I can tell you this..there is nothing like driving to a call with the lights and sirens on...I've played in some big games in college and nothing compares to the rush..so it was great to drive again!

Kai is almost 11 months old..which means his first birthday is only a few weeks away. We aren't sure what we are going to do for his birthday yet..with the house on the market it's going to be tough having a party here..we'll see what we come up with.

I'll post pics later of Kai and a few of the people I dealt with work over the past week.

No comments: