Monday, July 7, 2008

Crazy Work Week

I had the craziest work week the last 5 days. Working the 4th of July wasn't too bad. I worked the command post at the beach which was two coves away from all the beach peeps. I ended up working only an hour and half overtime..which is 8 hours less than the OT I worked last year so I'll take that. So in the last 3 days I have dealt with too many drunk ladies. On Saturday my partner and I almost got into a use of force with a drunk mom who kept crying for her daddy..she got transported to a hospital because she was too drunk to care for herself..her dad gets there takes her outside to put her in the car and she takes off running down the street!
This all happened on Sunday:

1055-Animal Cruelty Call of man slamming cat into ground (it was a man scolding his cat)

1130-Additional Unit request-Unit needed another unit to help with a suspect who was holding her 5 week old. She refused to give anyone the baby so we could cuff her..she ended up cuffed and I hung out with the little one until we could get the stories straight.

1230-Domestic Battery-neighbors hear screaming from apartment..two girls arguing only

1300 Domestic Battery Call- a passerby saw a man push a woman into an apartment.. I guess the dad wasn't happy that when the mom of the infant (9 days old )was in the shower her sister in law breast fed her (SIL has a 2 1/2 month old daughter)..I know gross...

1430-Ambulance overdose call-Two 23 year old girls OD. One on prescription meds the other one on Heroin and Xanax. Both transported to a local hospital and survive.

1530-Found Child -11 year old found a 3 year old. We get to the location and drive around and around the block..unable to locate either child. Dispatch does a call back, unable to contact..bad number..thats all we can do..

1630 We get to eat for 45 mins

1830-ADW suspect there now-we back another unit to a call with a man with a knife at house. It ends up being a dispute only..with no knife..

1900-Cite 2 people for tickets en route to Station..

2045-EOW

and I wonder why I am mentally drained after work?

No comments: